Junior Pre-Season and Key Dates
Welcome to the start of the 2016/17 season at Ormond Cricket Club.
Pre-season training for the juniors commences on Saturday September 3, 2016. As you probably know, the cricket nets at E E Gunn Reserve are out of use until the start of 2017 so our Saturday morning pre-season sessions will be at Princes Park (corner of Sussex Rd and Brooklyn Ave, South Caulfield). That is, Saturday September 3, 10, 17, 24 and October 1 will be at the Princes Park nets.
Pre Season Sessions
The Saturday morning pre-season sessions will be a staggered start across the age groups:
- Under 12* – 9am to 10.30am
- Under 14* – 10am to 11.30am (The first half hour will be fielding drills)
- Under 16*– 11am to 12.30pm (The first half hour will be fielding drills)
* Age group based on players age as at August 31, 2016U12 – Mondays – 4.30pm to 6 at Lords Reserve – Munro Ave CarnegieU16 – Mondays – 5pm to 6.30 at Glenhuntly Park – On Neerim Rd near the corner of Booran RdPlease note that the actual home and away season commences on the weekend of October 14 and 15:
- This season we are also introducing an Under 18 team that will play on Wednesday evenings and all players are invited to train with the seniors or they can train with the Under 16’s on a Monday night. In the U18 competition, all games will be T20 matches and there are no games in November due to VCE exams.
- U14 – Wednesdays – 5pm to 6.30 – Glenhuntly Park – On Neerim Rd near the corner of Booran Rd
- When daylight savings starts on Sunday October 2 we will revert to mid-week training rather than Saturday mornings and the time and venue for mid-week training will be as follows:
- Under 14 & Under 16 Teams – Friday, October 14
- Under 12 Teams – Saturday, October 15
- Under 18 Team – to be confirmed October 12 or 19
- Under 12’S – Saturday Mornings 8.45am to 11.15am
- Under 14’s – Friday Evenings 4.30pm to 7.30pm
- Under 16’s – Friday Evenings 4.30pm to 7.30pm
- Under 18’s – Wednesday Evenings 4.30 to 7.30pm
To register for season 2016/17, simply REGISTER HERE. Existing players will need their MyCricket ID that you can obtain through the MyCricket website.